Floods, Facebook and Santa Maria



Well, this post is not that fun. Yet thank God for blogs and social media which help us be informed with what has been happening around us. Through them we also get connected with our loved ones in happiness or in troubles.

Water level in front of our compound. August 6, 11pm
Last night we were advised to secure our things so that they may not be reached by the impending flood. After fixing my stuffs, I went back and spread the news about our hometown through FACEBOOK. Last week, when we heard  that the river was about to overflow, we did the same thing, and I'm thankful I didn't mind putting those things back in where they belong. Hehe. I learned from Ondoy experience. So better be safe than sorry.

I charged the digicam battery last night, and when I woke up, the cam was gone, because Ninang Eldie used it during their relief operation. I never
hesitated uploading some photos in this blog when she arrived this afternoon. Here are the must-see shots:


Flooded town entrance 

Water level at Calubcob River. 


Municipal officers packing up some goods. Ninang Belle is the one wearing a black Jacket. That's Kuya Cardo wearing a gray shirt. 



I guess these are Barangay dos residents roaming around our town.



Affected J.Rizal resident


 I find this photo cute. I wonder who this kid is. <3


Here are some shots from Bryan Cabana, a resident of Brgy. Pamela. I got these from his facebook wall: 

Electrocuted fish


Flooded area near SML Cemetery

I got these from Tita Neneng when she scouted the town using her tricycle:

Kayhacat area, near the irrigation



Only in the Philippines. Kids having fun near the Town Arch.


On this clip, we'll see how one of our barangays got affected by the heavy rains. The river is seen on the left side of the video. Rice fields are found on the right side.





God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. 
                                                                                          Psalm 46:1

This blog features events, food, people and must-see places in Santa Maria, Laguna. Opinions and descriptions posted in this site are my own and do not reflect the views of those who are in the position.

Comments

Popular Posts