OFW Tales: Trees Need Space

Joanna Lou Aguja is a graduate of BS Pschology in Colegio de San Juan de Letran in Calamba and a SPED Tutor. On her blog she penned an account of her reactions the moment she arrived to work at Singapore.

This is the first time that I set my feet on a foreign land, all by myself, with uncertainties of what's in store for me. With a strong will and a big faith, I have decided to pursue my career here in Singapore. It has been four weeks since I landed here and I am at peace.

One month ago, it was with much sadness that I left very important people in my life - my colleagues and my kids. I dont know if I would be working with them again. They became a part of me and my decision to leave caused a little or maybe much pain. I dont know if they know how I felt. But as one of my workmates told me, "Trees need space in order for them to grow."  Okay then. 

Everything's abrupt, just a three-week preparation. But everything fell into its proper places. I am still amazed how He has orchestrated my situation -  I was able to get a plane ticket without a hassle; I had enough time to endorse my kids since a replacement was readily available; and I was able to spend a quality time with my family. 

God gave me this privilege to sharpen me. I have been staying too long in my comfort zone and he wants me to grow and put my full trust in Him. This time of solitude makes me realize how He truly loves me. My confidence in Him grows as He allows me to become somehow clueless. 

This is a big leap of faith. I believe. I am living on my own. No mommy, tatay, and ate to walk with me and do things for me. No friends to laugh with. No cousins to have fun with. I am being totally independent and I am thankful because it enhances my decision-making skill, even with the littlest things. 


Comments

Popular Posts