Laganap na Nakawan! It's Not Fun!



P. Burgos is the name of the street in front of our compound.








          Roberry is prevalent in Brgy. Dos, Santa Maria, Laguna. We've had numerous occurences since last year. I never thought I would be the next victim. The morning I woke up, my important belongings are gone. Nada.

          I use to sleep in Ninang Eldie's living room. I always leave the windows and kitchen light open. I didn't have the clue that the thief can barge in through the gate.

         This early morning, a swift movement woke me up. I saw someone going out through the window. Being half awake, I thought it was a cat, but I also suspected that it could be a robber. I disregarded that slight suspicion because our gates were always padlocked; Sai's laptop was also sitting under the table. So, I continued my sweet sleep, not knowing that he took my gadgets and my bag containing 4k, important ID's and ATM .

         And he left my yellow tumbler near the front door.

        When I woke up for good, I picked 'Breaking Free', the title of the book I just bought using my second 'sweldo.' After reading, I tried to find my laptop and it was missing. I looked at the gate and the padlock was gone! Surprised with what happened, we called Capt. Raoul Nitro and the police to implement urgent actions regarding the case.

        At first I did not feel the sting of losing important stuffs. Then lately, I realized that losing your important ID's, essential files (which contained some school, ministry and photography documents) and laptop was a sad experience. I remained silenced for several hours, but God remained my comfort and assurance. This incident reminded me that if God is your utmost treasure, you can't be shaken.

        My concern goes to our citizens who have experienced the same trouble as mine. I hope there will be effective protocols to be implemented to stop this worsening incident. Folks, watch out and take care.

        I was encouraged with this story a young friend posted this morning on my facebook timeline:

        A woman experienced being robbed by thieves. in her diary, she wrote: "let me be thankful first, because they took my bag and laptop and not my life; second, although they took my all, it was not that much as my faith; and third, because it was I who was robbed, not I who robbed." Let us see God's purpose behind every trial and the good things behind the worst situations.

        More than our belongings, let's guard the things that matter more.

 

Comments

Popular Posts