A Unique Journey of a Marilag Beauty

          In her personal narrative, Gayle Marion Rafinan Rosales penned her experience towards gaining the crown for Binibining Marilag 2014. 

          Bb. Marilag 2014 as a part of the celebration of 3rd Marilag Festival is such a journey for me: a wonderful start and an exciting continuation that I am looking forward to. This event gave me experiences that I will forever cherish.

          Before I decided to join this pageant, I made some deep thinking if I really wanted to be a candidate. I considered some points such as not having enough time and attention to pay for the pageant expenses because I'm still struggling to complete my final exams and requirements. I didn't want to be involved because I knew there were some controversies linked with the competition. I couldn't help to be talked about since I would be a late entry in the pageant. I was also thinking if I could really make it and if I could stand in front of a huge crowd. I was thinking thoroughly if I am ready for such a big competition like Bb. Marilag 2014. I was flooded with reasons why I could not join, but I still did because of the sole intention what I wanted to represent our barangay. That motivated me in joining.
       
After filling out the candidate's form, I took a deep breath and put in my mind that I needed to have the crown. I looked upon the crown as a goal, a goal that I had to achieve. The seven-day preparation appeared
to be just a number of hours, since I was so contained by getting ready for the event. I did my best to easily cope up with the rehearsals, considering my school matters. I really had  a tough time management. I also did my best in getting along with all the other candidates. I tried to befriend all of them, to see me as a new member of their circle of friends and not as a competitor. I was hearing a lot of feedbacks during that time, some are inspirational, most are heartbreaking. But I didn't get bogged down with that. I avoided feeling discouraged about that fact that I may not be able to make it because my height might not fit the crown; my singing and dancing abilities were not enough to gain the title, and my stage presence was not that attention-catching to hold the victory. I was murmuring about those things, until an idea popped up in my mind. Am I forgetting something? The confidence! That word will make me win despite of all the hindrances that are coming everywhere I go. At that point, I gained the utmost desire in believing myself with trust and
esteem. I took all of the criticisms as challenges!

                       __________________________
           "In every part of the pageant, I smiled not for applause but for a cause. Up to the last portion, He never left me. He made me realize that I am unique because He is my Creator."                                                           __________________________
          On the pageant night, before I took my step on the stage, I looked up and closed my eyes in a while. I asked my Savior to give me guidance and enlightenment. That very moment, I felt even more motivated that I can because He is beside me. All throughout, I felt like I was a number of years prepared as I conquered the stage. I felt like I was just performing to make my fellow happy. In every part of the pageant, I smiled not for applause but for a cause. Up to the last portion, He never left me. He made me realize that I am unique because He is my Creator. I am who I am because of Him.

          Before the show ended, as I was receiving the crown, I also came to the realization that it would not move to reality without all of the people who helped and believed in me. That is why I am so thankful to them, my supporters, my friends, my make-up artist, our Barangay Captain, Mr. Raoul Nitro, my whole family and to God above. He made everything for a reason. He let this happen to make me realize that no one will be there for me other than my family. They are my number one supporter and fan. Their prayers are the key why I accomplished this. God made this happen to bind my family closer. I am so grateful that I brought honor and made them happy. That is real victory for me. Now, I am the person whom I thought I could never be.                            


Gayle Marion Rafinan Rosales

Comments

Popular Posts