FOREST TREKKING AT NSJ

The tendency to neglect our soul due to the demands of daily tasks, pull of technology, and uncontrolled grasping of the things we see may lead to mental health problems which, if not dealt with, may produce long-term effects that are difficult to resolve. Being driven and task-oriented, I have learned the hard way in terms of taking care of myself.

People who have the tendency to crash and suffer due to work-related stresses need to carve out a rhythm to make it in the long haul. The work-rest, engage-disengage, and plug-unplug weekly patterns have rewarding benefits their observers won't regret. 

One of the ways I destress is by appreciating nature. Biking, photography, and visiting the sites are my weekly musts for me to thrive and be more effective at what I do. I will always be thankful that there are rice fields a few steps from our door, scenic views reachable minutes away through biking, and a pleasing climate in the uplands an hour away from our barangay. 

This year I had the opportunity to revisit NSJ Farm and was amazed to witness the developments being made in preparation for its opening. We trekked around the forest and explored the cave-like boulders which are being cleared so visitors can enter. 

Tents are permanently pitched, dirty kitchen prepared, and comfort rooms were built so campers can stay in the area comfortably. We felt at home during our overnight stay in the area a week ago: area was well-lit, beddings were clean, and water was overflowing. 

Here are some photos of our visit. You may hover over each image to read its description. 

    
    
I circled the forest thrice, as far as I can remember. My first visits felt difficult, though the terrain wasn't that steep. The third one was a breeze. I could tease the people who were with me then. ;)

   
                                                                                         
                                                                                               
What made the tour rewarding was the opportunity to discover these forest wonders which are of different shapes, colors, and textures. Though I could hardly identify each of them (kind of frustrating), I was able to keep memories of them. 

                                                                          
                                                                     
                                                                                         
Going through the boulders was the most difficult part of the adventure. Good thing there were no snakes inside! Tito Nestor (the owner) mentioned that a geologist who visited the site had a theory that a huge river ran in this area more than centuries ago. 

                                                                             
                                                                                                   
                                                                                      
Additional information about the site can be found here. Our Mrs. Shirley Ison contributed her experience as well (she will be dearly missed!). 

Contact me for reservations so I can give you the site's contact number.

Comments

Popular Posts